The Guardian Weekend Magazine and Rhubarb Rhubarb: a world of talent at The Black Snapper
The Black Snapper, an online magazine for talented photographers from all over the world, will be showcasing a mix of talented photographers selected by Kate Edwards, photo editor at The Guardian Weekend Magazine.
Concurrently, Rhonda Wilson and Lorna-Mary Webb , renowned for their Rhubarb International Review, are showcasing the works of selected photographers who participated in the festival's international review this year, chosen by the visiting experts.
Featured artists selected by Edwards are: Emma Livingston, Alastair Levy, Sebastian Friedman,Rosanna Salonia, Andrew Bruce, Joana Sandrin Gauer. Theme and subject matter chosen by these artists are diverse, going from landscape to portraiture and many things inbetween. A common feature is that they all share is the great strength of their conceptual approaches.
Rhubarb invited Kurt Tong, Adam Magyar, Ayoung Kim, Edmund Clark, Lucia Ganieva and Peter Ainsworth. Like the Edwards' selections - the work of these artists brings strong conceptual work to the stage.
One artist, Reinaldo Loureiro, was invited by both guest curators. His conceptual yet humanitarian work kicks off this world of talent week. It is scheduled to go online at The Black Snapper's homepage and blog sections on Friday, September 18, 13:00 (Amsterdam time).
The magazine website presents a new artist every day, in a dedicated slideshow comprising 8 to 20 images.
Weekly selections are made by guest curators.
A worldwide community of photography professionals and experts supports the project.
Posted by Maria Kapajeva on September 20th 2009
American Suburb X
- JOHN SZARKOWSKI: “Photography and the Mass Media” (1967)
- ASX.TV: Richard Prince – “Cowboys” (2013)
- INTERVIEW: “RICHARD PRINCE” (2007)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: “GAIETY IS THE MOST OUTSTANDING FEATURE OF THE SOVIET UNION: ‘Art from Russia’ at the Saatchi Gallery (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Jamel Shabazz – “Back in the Days” (1980′s)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: Juergen Teller – “Woo!” at ICA (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Louis Faurer – “N.Y.C.”
- ASX EXHIBIT: Augustin Victor Casasola – “Mexico City”