Laura Hensser (gr.2008) in Aspex Gallery
26 February - 28 March 2010
Apsex presents an exhibition by Laura Hensser, winner of the 2009 arc (artists' resource centre) award for emerging fine artist.
This show, entitled Trace, marks an ambitious departure from Laura's usual photographic, portrait-based practice.
It features a sculptural installation, an exploration into the removal of geographical forms from their original, fixed context, and a look at the line between representation and abstraction.
The work is an attempt to understand, through photographic consciousness, the subjective human sense to record and compare observations made at separate times.
Posted by Maria Kapajeva on March 23rd 2010
American Suburb X
- JOHN SZARKOWSKI: “Photography and the Mass Media” (1967)
- ASX.TV: Richard Prince – “Cowboys” (2013)
- INTERVIEW: “RICHARD PRINCE” (2007)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: “GAIETY IS THE MOST OUTSTANDING FEATURE OF THE SOVIET UNION: ‘Art from Russia’ at the Saatchi Gallery (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Jamel Shabazz – “Back in the Days” (1980′s)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: Juergen Teller – “Woo!” at ICA (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Louis Faurer – “N.Y.C.”
- ASX EXHIBIT: Augustin Victor Casasola – “Mexico City”