Photo residency at four corners
Lab Projects: artists residency programme
Leah Gordon: residency project in Four Corners' gallery
Lab Projects invites artists working in film and photography to apply for production-based residencies at Four Corners in 2012. Three artists will be supported to produce a body of new work using dedicated space and facilities.
The residency provides:
* Artists’ fee of £4,500 per person.
* Up to £5,000 of Four Corners’ and on-site partner facilities, studio, room space and production materials/expenses.
* In-house mentor.
* Showcasing opportunities.
* Workshops on digital media innovation.
As part of their residency, each artist will participate in an open studio exhibition of their work in progress; artists’ talk; final group exhibition in Four Corners' gallery; one-day symposium; and an online blog about their residency experience.
Please send a proposal including:
* A detailed description of the project you wish to undertake, with specific reference to Four Corners’ facilities;
* Examples of previous work on CD (please do not email);
* CV with details of two referees;
* A detailed budget;
* Proposed timescale.
Selection and interview
Closing date for submissions: 23rd May 2012. Interviews for shortlisted applicants will take place on 30th May 2012.\
Posted by Maria Kapajeva on May 14th 2012
American Suburb X
- JOHN SZARKOWSKI: “Photography and the Mass Media” (1967)
- ASX.TV: Richard Prince – “Cowboys” (2013)
- INTERVIEW: “RICHARD PRINCE” (2007)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: “GAIETY IS THE MOST OUTSTANDING FEATURE OF THE SOVIET UNION: ‘Art from Russia’ at the Saatchi Gallery (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Jamel Shabazz – “Back in the Days” (1980′s)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW – LONDON: Juergen Teller – “Woo!” at ICA (2013)
- ASX EXHIBIT: Louis Faurer – “N.Y.C.”
- ASX EXHIBIT: Augustin Victor Casasola – “Mexico City”